Sunday 5 August 2012

BLM ding 25!

Two posts in one day?! Madness!

No sooner had I posted that I wanted to get BLM to 25 from 15...ding 25! I was {/cheer}ing for a while as I switched back to WHM, shared my victory with Eclips, and shopped a little for spells and gear...then I remembered that if I want to level WHM to cap I'll probably become reacquianted with BLM in the near future...possibly before I even go back to work if my levelling adventures continue!

But still, let's talk about page parties for a minute.

Level Sync party in Gusgen Mines
What is this craziness?! I'd heard on the Dreams in Vana'diel forums that Gusgen Mines parties were where it was at unless I was soloing at low levels, but I didn't expect them to be like this. I was minding my own business in La Theine and got picked up pretty quickly, ran my way out there (at Trisk's urging as I was a little dubious about trying it for the first time without friendly back-up) and got started the moment I popped in.

I didn't even have the map, but the party were pretty good, so thank you to everyone for helping me out!

A few things I noticed:

  • Serious lack of EXP from mobs, but severely made up for by the page bonuses
  • The parties get big fast
  • Feel like dropping out after level? No problem! No one seems to mind
  • Levelling from 15 to 25 in an hour and a half is not unheard of and feels awesome
So guess where I'll be hanging out tomorrow? I have Eclips promising to come join me in Crawler's Nest once I reach the mid 30s, so I'll be working on getting there tomorrow. That was surprisingly good fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment